louis vuitton handbags outlet
 
Viewing By Make: all   view << previous | next >>      
This 1939 chassis 85427 was one of eight 328s ordered by BMW’s English importer, H.J. Aldington, in June 1939 and one of the last 328s manufactured between 1937-1939. Six of the eight cars were ordered as rolling chassis to be bodied in England. The slab-sided bodywork was commissioned from Leacroft of Egham, Surrey by Royal Air Force Flight Lieutenant J. Richard Stoop.
“Dickie” Stoop raced the car to a 6th in class, 12th place overall finish at the 24 Hours of Spa -Francorchampsin 1949 with Peter Wilson as his co-driver. This appears to be Stoop’s only race in his custom-bodies Frazier-Nash BMW.
What the car did after 1952 is unknown until 1988, when it was purchased at auction in London by the Rosso Bianco Collection and “preserved.” It had been restored sometime before 2006 and sold by Bonhams that year.
click image to view next

© 2017 Blackhawk Collection Inc.