o 24 Selections
o 78 rpm
o Company History
Packard Mfg. Co., Indianapolis, IN.
In 1932 Homer E. Capehart rented the old Packard Piano Company in Fort Wayne (named after the Packard Avenue) and developed the Simplex mechanism which was sold to The Rudolph Wurlitzer Company. After leaving Wurlitzer as the head salesman in 1939 Capehart aquired the Packard Piano Company and started to produce automatic phonograph-radio combinations and record changing units. In 1940 he founded the Packard Manufacturing Company but did not produce jukeboxes before 1946. Only a few models were built and in early 1949 the production stopped.
In 1951 the company was taken over by The Rudolph Wurlitzer Company
click image to view next