• Rare Long-Wheelbase Silver Wraith Chassis
• One of Only 28 WRM 30 Limousines Produced by James Young
• Outstanding Restoration by Marque Specialist Ralph Curzon
• Multiple First-in-Class and Special Awards from Rolls-Royce Owners’ Club
• Numerous Bespoke Features, Including Waterford Crystal Decanters
• 4,566 CC OHV Inline 6-Cylinder Engine
• Estimated 178 BHP
• Single Zenith Carburetor
• 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
• 4-Wheel Servo-Assisted Drum Brakes
• Independent Front Suspension with Hydraulic Dampers
• Live Rear Axle with Semi-Elliptical Leaf Springs and Hydraulic Dampers
The first large-chassis Rolls-Royce produced after WNII, the Silver Wraith retains an elegant prewar appearance yet offers a more modern driving experience. Elegantly bodied by revered English coachbuilder James Young in design number WRM 30, with distinctive double swaging on its wings, the Saloon's design cues were so splendid and modern that they were adapted in 1955 with the successful Silver Cloud standard steel saloon. In all, James Young built bodies in this style for just 28 Silver Wraith chassis, with select examples displayed at the Earls Court Motor Show in 1953 and 1954, and at the 1953 Paris Salon de !'Automobile. The example offered here, chassis DLW 125, received an authentic restoration in the 1990s by respected RollsRoyce specialist Ralph Curzon and has since earned numerous awards at RROC meets. Presented in its original livery, gleaming Mason's Black exterior, wool broadcloth interior in the rear compartment and leather in front, and trimmed in polished and veneered burled walnut, this car is unparalleled in its authenticity and condition. An exquisite cocktail cabinet with Waterford crystal decanters has been fitted to the wellappointed passenger compartment. The Silver Wraith is said to be comfortable to drive due to the balance of power, ease of steering, reliable braking, and silky controls.
Ample documentation, an original owner's manual, and hand and road tools accompany this high-point car. The new owner can look forward to many more years of luxurious motoring.
click image to view next